Monday, January 10, 2011

Should I call him to revamp the union?


Dear Agatha, 

My boyfriend and I had a disagreement over a lie I told him. I realised my mistake and begged him to forgive me. He refused and ended the relationship.

Left with no choice, I moved on with my life. Now he wants me back. He told a friend of his that he would love to have me back. I love him so much. He hasn’t come himself. Should I call him because I caused all these problems? What do you think?

Confused Lady.


Dear Confused Lady, 

Don’t go to him. You have done your bit by apologising to him. If he wants you back in his life let him come personally. Chances are that his friend may be acting alone, from a desire to see his favourite persons back together and dropped the hint to prevent you from entering into another relationship.

Since you still love him, both of you need time to make amends by refusing to rush into any relationship. He could have indeed had a change of heart, realised that we are all subject to mistakes as human beings. He may have also realised that even though your action is inexcusable, you had your reasons for doing so and feels too that you should have learnt your lessons to tell the truth at all times since all these started.

If he wants you back as his friends said, he would eventually come back to you. He could also have told his friend of his desire to have you back but hasn’t made up his mind about trusting you enough to believe in you as a person again.

This isn’t something some people overcome easily. You would have to give him sufficient time to heal from within, because you broke not only his heart by not trusting him enough to tell him the truth about the situation you lied about but his trust in the relationship as well.

That act of yours certainly raised a lot of questions about you suitability as well as your true identity. When a huge lie is uncovered, it really throws up a lot of questions, the major one being the nature of the person. 

These are issues that cannot be swept under the carpet just like that. Give him enough chance to make up his mind about you as well as all those things that matter to him.If God says he is yours, don’t worry he would definitely come back to you, no matter how long it takes him to make up his mind. All you have to do is continue to pray.

Good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment