Tuesday, June 18, 2013

At 19, I have many suitors

Dear Agatha, I am a constant reader of your column, and it has been a source of inspiration to many of us. I hope you will help me out. I am 19 years old, with too many guys disturbing me for a relationship, which I consider as a distraction. What should I do to all these suitors? It seems it is my selection time. Your baby. My dear baby, I am glad you know men at your age are distractions. Finish with your education first. I am not objecting to you having friends, but any romantic involvement with them should be discouraged now because not many young girls can combine emotional involvement with their studies. Besides, at 19, time is still your best friend. There is plenty of time to select from among the lot. You are young and (I guess) beautiful; because of that, a lot of them would come. It is the natural sequence of things. It is normal for young ladies at your age to attract such high volume of attention from men. You are at that stage of your life we call the butterfly age. Sure attention can be very tempting and capable of derailing a young lady who is not strong-willed. This is the dangerous age zone when a lot of girls get pregnant for the wrong men, and go into series of abortion in their search for the right man. Be careful. Joke with those who don’t feel bad when you say and mean ‘no’. Stick to the ‘no sex’ rule. The man who lasts the longest cares for your feelings the most, which makes you very happy, who is genuinely concerned about you, does not put you under any sexual pressure, and has the fear of God should be considered. Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment