Thursday, June 27, 2013

How do I manage my time?

Dear Agatha, You have been a help to many people. I believe you can help me. I ride Okada after I close from work every day. If I try to read, I find myself sleeping. I can’t even read up to one hour but I really want to further my education and enhance my career. What do I do? Peace Maker. Dear Peace Maker, Learn to manage your time very well. There is no way you will be alert to read in the night after the rigors of going through Okada business after close of your normal work schedule. Reading is itself hectic. Without proper concentration, you cannot make any headway out of it. This is why you must create time out of no time to ensure you achieve your desire to contribute your quota to the society through sound education. Since it is obvious that you need money to achieve your dream of being educated, you must find way around the challenge of doing additional job. It is either you find another job that will give you sufficient time to read in the night or dedicate certain days of the week for reading. This means you don’t have to do your commercial bicycle business all the days of the week. The reason you are always tired is because you don’t give yourself time between the two jobs you do to rest. Once you get back from work on the days you have set aside to study, rest for a while to enable you wake up in the night to read. You must also appreciate the essence of reading for comprehension. To excel you must have a good grasp of the subject you are studying. This means you are not just reading to pass but also to be knowledgeable on what you are studying for. As in everything in life, determination is what you need to make the difference. The journey of life is never smooth. It comes with very rough turns. When you come across such difficult turns, never give up just hold on to your dreams. It is important. Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment