Thursday, June 27, 2013

He piles her with gifts to make me jealous

Dear Agatha, In my school, there is this particular boy I always played with to the extent my classmates started calling me by his name. I didn’t have any interest in him until now. Although he told me once he loved and liked me, but, he had also asked a girl in my class for friendship after he told me that. This made me to reject his gifts and to advise him to be careful on how he spends money on girls. He now spends a lot on this girl in my class. Recently, he gave her a gold necklace. He went on to accuse me of not allowing him or any other boy touch me. What should I do? Judith. Dear Judith, Forget about him. What he is doing is to make you jealous and submit to his advances out of a desire to keep him. Don’t allow him blackmail you to submission. The quality of a properly brought up woman is her self preservation. You have to be resolute in your determination to project that which is important to your life. Any man or boy who accuses you of not allowing you or any man touch you isn’t a friend of yours. Any sensible girl should keep a safe distance from such a man. Don’t under any circumstances exchange your body for gifts from any man. His statement that you are not allowing him touch or any boy get close to you should sound an alarm bell to you that he is only trying to make you submit your body to him. Without any ambiguity that statement should tell you the kinds of thoughts he has towards you. When a man loves a woman, touching or seeing her body would be the last thing on his mind. A man that means well for you will help you grow especially at this tender age of your development. Since your aim of being in school is to get an education, ignore this boy or his friends and concentrate on getting valuable education. Don’t forget that your parents are making extreme sacrifices by sending you to school and would be very disappointed if you end up wasting all their efforts through wrongly motivated decisions. This should interest you more than any feelings or considerations you may have for this boy whose source of income you don’t even know. Isn’t it obvious that his source of funds is questionable given the fact that he is also a student like you? Be careful you don’t end up with the wrong kind of company in your bid to be relevant to anybody or group of persons in your school. Nobody is worth you giving up your future for. The reason you are in school isn’t to become popular but to get an education and become useful to the society. There is plenty of time for you to be liked and retain the attention of that special man. Always remember life comes in different seasons. Your current season is to plan and plant for that all important future. Therefore follow the natural progress of every season, to be happy in life. Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment