Monday, January 24, 2011

She showcases no love for me…

Dear Agatha,

I like my girlfriend a lot and she likes me too. She is in her 200 level at the university while I am still trying getting admission into a university. I am always calling and sending her text messages. But she doesn’t call or send me text message. The only time she did was when I sent her credit and it was just to thank me.  When I call to ask why she hasn’t gotten in touch with me, she tells me she stressed up from lectures and her phone has problem, which I am aware of.

My very good friend thinks I am giving her too much attention that I should give her a break for a while, to enable me observe how she would react. This I did. This is one month. She hasn’t bothered to get in touch with me. 

I really don’t know what is wrong because I love her so much. It was a tough struggle not to call her for that month. I also heard that her boyfriend broke up with her as a result of my many text messages to her. I just don’t want to lose her now. I really want to be with her for as long as our friendship would last because I really have deep and true feelings for her. I am not ready to deceive her in any way.

I have never felt like this about any other girl. We started out as friend. When I noticed my very strong feelings for her, I told her about it. She is the only girl in my life. I feel so lonely when she is far away in school that at times I wish I could go and visit her. I miss her so much.
I believe in every friendship, there should be accurate communication between the partners involved before other things can follow.
Agatha, do you think she still feels anything for me even as she hardly gets in touch? Do you think I should hope she would start calling me soon because it really disturbs me a lot.
Please help me out.  Sam.


Dear Sam,  

Unless there is a corresponding interest on her part, there is little or nothing you can do. Feelings must be properly reciprocated to be worthwhile. 

Sincerely, the major disadvantage against your chances with her is the difference in your academic years. Already she is midway in hers while you are still struggling to make it into the university.

By the time she graduates and finishes her service year, you will only be in your mid year at school. 

And by the time she is ready to settle down, you would still be struggling to serve with no prospect of getting a good job on time. When the job eventually comes, you will need time to settle down, think out your priorities.  Would she have the patience to wait for you to be ready? Even if she has, what guarantees does she have that you would still be passionate about her in view of her age at that time? These could be part of her cold shoulders to you. For the majority of women it gets to an age when love isn’t just enough, when idealism gives way to reality.  Once a woman gets to the age of reality, when she realises her time clock is ticking away and the chances of her ever becoming fulfilled as a woman is diminishing as each day goes by, availability and not love becomes the issue. Although, another time would come in later life when the passion of her time gives way to sound reason, but she has to go through this process of wanting to be a mother first. By the time she would wished she had waited or listened to you, the wrinkle days would have come. Although life goes in circles, its different seasons and their demands can never be altered hence must be respected to the fullest. Although you could be of the same age, her years in the university, her dreams and goals in life have all made her more matured and deep thinking than you. While you seem only focused on your current feelings for her, her attitude shows she has gone deeper and may have come to the conclusions that it is better not to get involved with you at all. This is why she doesn’t feel any need to call or send you text message. She only responds to your calls out of politeness, not because she agrees with your feelings for her. The fact that she has a boyfriend, you are aware of is instructive. Give her space to be happy with her choice else she may never be able to forgive you for destroying her happiness with your obsessions with her. Sincerely, I think you should concentrate efforts on getting into the university. From experience, you will survive this feeling, no matter how intense. Hearts, at your age, are meant to be broken and mended. It is the way of life as well as gathering the required experiences in life. You will need experiences and stories like this to help a lot of young ones coming after you to heal from their emotional wounds.If it’s of any help, every adult person has had his or heart broken at one time or the other. The beauty of life is that time helps to make fun of moments like this later in life. 

A time would come in your life when you would look at this moment and laugh at your feelings and actions.

However, what is critical in your life now is to prove to yourself especially that you have dreams beyond securing the heart of a woman. And until you gain admission into the university, this girl or any serious minded girl you may develop interest in later may not appreciate the uniqueness in you. Until you market and package yourself as a focused young man, nobody will ever take you serious. 

Given the mentality of some people, staying at home, though due to no fault of yours could make them come to wrong conclusions about your person. For those who worship paper qualifications, you will never be good enough to be associated with unless you join the league of people with higher qualifications. Therefore, gaining admission into the university would change a lot of things about you.  The best way you can continue to be relevant in her life is to be the friend she desires whenever she appears in need of a person to talk to. 

Don’t worry too much. God would compensate you with a girl who would love you as much as you love her.Good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment