Wednesday, August 7, 2013

He keeps comparing me to another woman

Dear Agatha, I very much love the man I have been dating for some months now. But his problem is that he isn’t contended with what he has as he is always comparing me with a girl I don’t even know. He keeps saying he wished I was as beautiful as this mystery lady. From snippets I put together through our conversations, he refused to submit to the pressures of his friends that he ask this particular girl out, because she was too close to him and like a sister to him. When I told my friends about this, they urged me to discontinue with the relationship which I did. I want to know if I did the right thing. When he came back from school, his attitude changed towards me. He didn’t even acknowledge my friends and I when we went to visit him. Worried Girlfriend. Dear Worried Girlfriend, Having contentment in one’s life and choices is what gives joy to anyone in life. Without it, your boyfriend can never be a happy person in life. This is because, rather than your boyfriend to concentrate energy discovering who you are, growing your relationship, he is busy wishing for something or someone else. As a result, he will never have the time to appreciate you, no matter how hard you try to please him or show him how much you love him. His lack of sensitivity alone to openly tell you he wished you were as beautiful as the other lady speaks volume of his regards for you. To continue to stay in a relationship with this kind of man; is to put yourself in a position of constant emotional pains and disappointment. He will eventually destroy your self-esteem as well as trust for any man that comes your way for a relationship. You really didn’t need your friends to tell you to quit the relationship; you should have done it on your own. No woman worth her self-respect would wait to be told to leave a man who doesn’t respect her feelings at all like this man keeps doing. He isn’t the only man on earth. Stop visiting him and move on with your life unless of course you enjoy being humiliated and toyed with. Furthermore, what kind of reception were you hoping for when you went to visit him? Did you think he would welcome you and your friends with open hands? He cannot be more explicit in the expression of his feelings towards you. He doesn’t like and want you at all. He has made it clear that his heart and soul are with the other girl and could be using you to make her jealous so as to notice him. Refuse to be so used especially as the boy hasn’t hidden his true feelings from you. It would be mere stupidity on your part to hope for anything better from this man in his present state of mind. Besides, where do you begin in your task to please this kind of man? How do you propose to attract his attention towards you and your inherent values as a woman when his mind is fixed on another woman? This is the kind of man who will after getting at your kernel; throw you out of his life without thinking about it twice. I appreciate you cannot choose who you fall in love with but you have the power to dictate how you want to be treated in the relationship. Yes, it would hurt you to let go of someone you have certain level of love for but in certain cases like this, it is for the best. Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment