Monday, April 22, 2013

I am in love with my brother’s friend

Dear Agatha, I am in love with my brother’s best friend. I don’t know if I should tell him or not. I know you might think it is infatuation because I am just 16, but he is everything I need in a man. He is kind and gentle as well as so handsome. I cannot concentrate on my forth coming examinations because of him. What do I do? Lilly. Dear Lilly, What do you know about love or men at your age? At your age, you should be thinking of how to pass your examinations and going into the university. You have an entire life ahead of you to do men business. To jump start it is to create avoidable entanglements in your life. Beside, your emotions are not ripe enough to handle men. More than anyone else, I appreciate that your hormones are causing some kind of havoc inside of you but what makes one girl responsible and the other irresponsible is her ability to control all the confusing chemicals the hormones are pushing out. This is why you should concentrate on passing your examinations first. Having a good education, is one of the ways a woman protects herself from being irresponsible. Paying more attention to your education will also help divert your mind from focusing on men. You are right, what you feel is infatuation because you don’t know all that go into having and conducting a relationship. Are you considering pregnancy in all these? As long as a young girl is old enough to menstruate, she can become a mother. What if your adventure turns out to be a nightmare that of you having a baby at your age? What do you think would become of the future that looks so bright? You are in school because your parents want the best for you. There are so many young children your age whose parents cannot be bothered if they are in school or not. Therefore, don’t abuse the chance your parents are offering you by engaging in activities or actions that will destroy that future your parents plan for you. With the right kind of education, there is no man on earth you cannot have. For now perish whatever it is that you feel for your brother’s friend or any other man for that matter. Good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment