Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Should I stop bothering him?

Auntie Agatha, gataedo@yahoo.com, agatha.edo@gmail.com, Tel: 08054500626

Dear Agatha,
Thank you for the good work you have been doing. Please I need your advice urgently. I am a 20-year-old undergraduate and in a relationship with a boy who, like me, is also a student. I am not the demanding type, but my boyfriend doesn’t call or send me text messages often. We hardly spend time together, lies about personal information especially his present and his past. Sometimes, I feel lonely and as though am with a stranger, because I don’t think we communicate enough, because if I don’t do the calling he wouldn’t bother for about three weeks or one month. I really love this guy but he’s totally different now, all these have been going on for about six months now. Do you think I should still give him some time or should I call it quits? Thank you.
Lonely Girl.

Dear Lonely Girl,
Let him chase you a bit. You are the woman and he is the man. It is his duty to run after you. I appreciate that it might be a difficult thing to do considering the fact that you actually love him, but resist calling him for sometime. It would enable you gauge his true feelings for you. If he misses you so much, he would definitely come back after sometime.
If he doesn’t, forget him and move on. You are still young and able to begin again. It would be such a waste of time if you spend precious time at 20 running after a man who isn’t ready to be serious with you.
You still have a long way in life to go so don’t waste your time and youth on someone who isn’t sure of what he wants from you.
By ignoring him, you make it clear he isn’t as important to you as he thinks he is, a clear message to him that you can really do without him.
Staying away would also help you evaluate your feelings for him. Chances are you are enduring his attitude because of fear of loneliness. The truth is, when we let go of something we think we need desperately, we open more our chances of better choices. This man may be the least qualified in your life but because you are timid in letting go of him, the better man may not have the chance to come into your life.
Never be afraid of making the right choice when it comes to the issue of your happiness. It is something you must learn to guard jealously.
Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment