Wednesday, March 14, 2012

I need second wife to end this generational curse?

With Auntie Agatha, gataedo@yahoo.com, agatha.edo@gmail.com, Tel: 08054500626


Dear Agatha,
I am an engineer by profession. I have a good job and live comfortably with my wife and son. But I have this recurring problem, which always leave me helpless.
I am an only child, not because my parents couldn’t have more children, but because all siblings died at very tender ages. Incidentally, my father too was the only child. 
Because of this situation, my kinsmen are always very protective concerning me. They always take special interest in matters concerning me, because I have nobody to stand by or for me. Even though I managed to survive the odds of my situation, it wasn’t a cup of tea being alone in the whole world. I survived through the grace of God. 
My wife and I are also facing this same problem. After six years of marriage, we have only a son. We have been to different medical doctors and went through series of fertility tests, but nothing was found wrong with either my wife or me.  
Because of the loneliness of being an only child, I am considering taking a second wife. This is irrespective of the love I have for my wife and my position in the church, which I know I would forfeit if I take on another wife.
I don’t want my son to go through what I went through as a child.  
Agatha, I am at a very terrible crossroad. Please at this point, I don’t know what to do, advise me.
Worried Man.


Dear Worried Man,
Your problem is not physical, but spiritual. And I honestly empathise with you because like a great number of us, you are an innocent victim of forces and sequences you know nothing about.
Because what you are contending with is a foundational problem. Even if you marry all the women in the world, unless there is a dislodgement of whatever power holding your paternal lineage hostage, the children would also die like all your siblings. If nothing was found medically wrong with both of you, what makes you so sure you would be able to produce more children from other women?
Besides you would only be adding to your very complex situation by bringing another woman into your life. Ask those who know, polygamy has never been a solution to the problem, in the sense that every person involved in the arrangement would do anything to be in the vintage position.
What happens if the new woman you are bringing in is unable to provide you with more children? Keep marrying until you succeed? Do you know the more incriminating spiritual problems these women may be experiencing in their families? Do you know the diabolical powers that could come into your peaceful world to worsen what you feel is already a complicated situation in your life? Spiritual problems, unlike psychical problems need wisdom and plenty of God’s involvement to obliterate. For your own sake as well as your family’s sake, especially the innocent child involved, don’t depend on your wisdom or understanding of issues alone. Take everything to God first through prayers.
It is not just enough to decide on bringing in another woman. Have you sat down to consider the increased headaches you would be contending with by acquiring more women in your life? Also consider the peace you would be forfeiting by having more than one wife? How rich are you to fairly meet all their demands?
Two issues are at play here. One is the fact that all the surviving children in your family are men. and secondly, that every attempt to increase the number always result in the deaths of subsequent children.
The question you should ask is why is this so? At what point did this begin to happen in your lineage? Did the trend start with your grandfather? Before this trend, what was the situation? How many children did your great grandfather have? Were they all girls? If they were boys, how many of them outside your grandfather survived?
Go back into your family and investigate the reasons for this. Is there a particular family god your ancestors worshipped? That you are today a Christian doesn’t stop you suffering the consequences unless there is a proper deliverance.
Many a time, we ignorantly think simply because we have given our lives to Christ prevent the consequences of our ancestors’ decision from falling on us. Our past remains our heritage. There is no way we can talk about our present and future without the past. The past remains indelible.
If one’s past has a major fault, it follows that one’s presence and future would have some of those deformities from the past.
You are today facing this challenge, because something isn’t right about your past. Deliverance sessions enable ancient closed doors to be opened for the Holy Spirit to restructure the damage. To put the past where it belongs, we must take the step in our present to give the future a new meaning.
If your grandfather isn’t alive, go to your father to tell you some things he remembers about his family. If there is nobody in your family to turn to, your kinsmen must have one or two useful information to give. Jot down whatever information you get, no matter how insignificant it appears. What you consider unimportant may be the key to your problem.
If possible, visit your ancestral home. No matter how far removed your relatives may be from you; you must enlist their support in this battle to be free from the past.
To begin with, go to God in prayers. Remember you wear the shoes; hence you are in the best position to know where it pinches. If you don’t cry out, demand for God’s personal intervention, nobody can do it for you. Your cry would lead you to your source of help.
Call the leadership of the church and ask for spiritual support. If possible, ask them to accompany you on the journey to your ancestral home. There is no doubt you need all the help to overcome this problem and the more spiritually inclined people in your church that stand in gap for you, the better.
While you research the cause of the problem, it is also pertinent to look at the average lifespan in your family especially if your grandfather and father are dead. If however they are still alive, enlist their support through proper education of this unwholesome trend.
The most important thing you need is to have complete faith in God.
However, your son doesn’t have to end up an only child. You can adopt a child to grow with him, to answer your name and to remove whatever restriction has been placed on you. The attack is targeted at your natural ability to have another child outside the one allowed. They cannot stop you from having another child through adoption.
This is a better, more peaceful and rewarding option than the issue of multiple marriages you are contemplating.
Nobody would know the difference between your biological child and adopted child if you treat them equally and fairly.
Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment