Friday, April 2, 2010

I’m Ignorant Of Free Days After Ovulation Period

Dear Agatha,

I’m one of your regular readers. Please help me solve this problem. I’m a lady of 28 years, an undergraduate, who lost her virginity at 23. I have undergone three different abortions for one man, but my problem is that I don’t know when I’m free. Please tell me, when am I free after menstruating?  How do I know my ovulation period? 

Amara.


Dear Amara,

How many days are you? To give you a near accurate calendar, you must first establish whether you are a 28, 30, 32 or over 35-day menstrual cycle. The average calendar for most women is 28-day, but some have lengthier calendar days. Get a notebook and enter your date for a period of six months. Doing so would give you a clear picture of your cycle. Thereafter it would be easy to calculate your ovulation period as well as your free days.  Begin counting from the first day of your menses to the 10th day after, if you are a 28-day woman. Four days to your 14th day and four days after are the days you are most likely to get pregnant. The same calculation should be applied whatever your cycle is.

Your freest days are the first seven days after your period and the last week leading to your period.

But it would help you a great deal to go to your doctor who will better explain and guide you appropriately in grey areas. On the issue of abortions, it is always best and cheaper to prevent pregnancy than take the risk of repeated abortion. One of the greatest risks is destroying the walls of your womb especially if the abortion is poorly done. 

A lot of things can go wrong at the evacuation table. So if you must sleep with your boyfriend, insist he uses a condom or you use a birth control device.

No comments:

Post a Comment