Monday, January 25, 2010

She Goes Dumb After I Made My Zeal For Her Public


Dear Agatha,

There is this girl I am in love with, she just stopped talking to me. I started asking for her forgiveness despite the fact that I did not hurt her. But I really do feel for her, I am confused. I want to know if our relationship is still intact. Kosisiochukwu.


Dear Kosisiochukwu, 

Before apologizing, you must know what you have done. Sometime we unknowingly do things that hurt loved ones. By apologising, you are giving the impression you know what the problem is. The danger of offering apology for something you didn’t offend is the power it gives to the other person to misbehave. If you have done anything to hurt her, the normal thing is for her to complain of it to you, not shutting yourselves out of her life.  But for the sake of peace and strengthening of the relationship, call her to ask what the problem is; her explanation would help put things in the right perspective as well as knowing precisely what is causing her to behave strangely to you. The dialogue would tell if her reasons are real or simply an excuse for her to move on with her life. Whatever happens know that the will of God is what matters at the end of the day. 

Good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment