Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Must He Wait For Eternity To Make Up His Mind?


Dear Agatha,


I commend your works; they are really motivating.

I have this problem concerning someone where I am serving the nation (NYSC). He works there and we are somehow friends. I like him, but something is wrong because he once told his friend that he desires to marry a lady who is employed and fair in complexion.

I don’t have any of these qualities, yet he comes close to me, makes statements that show his interest in me. I always pretend not to like him. He hasn't wooed me yet, but my days are numbered in the company. What can I do?

Confused Girl.


Dear Confused Girl,

He hasn’t told you anything and you are already building dreams around him, worrying about what he told his friend about his dream lady?

On what premise are you worrying about these issues? On account of you just being friends or what you suspect him to mean by the comments he makes to you?

If you like him, why not take the bulls by the horn and declare your interest to him instead of getting yourself confused over something that isn’t?

You are making the mistake many women, both young and old are making, building dreams around an otherwise innocent friendship.

When a man wants a woman in that special way, they don’t hesitate to say it, so the task is left for the woman who wants to say so.

And why are you pretending not to like him when you know you do? Pretenses like this won’t get you anywhere. It will only rob you of God-given opportunities, because this man could really feel something special for you, but is afraid of the sort of reception you would give him. Not every man is equipped to deal with female rejection. So help yourself realize what you know you want by dropping this toga of falsehood. Perhaps, if you give him subtle hints that you are interested in him before your time in the company is up, he may also tell you precisely what he feels for you.

Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment