Thursday, May 16, 2013

Re: My foul temper is becoming my bane

Dear Agatha, l really pity that woman because l was once very temperamental. It takes patience and self-consciousness to overcome it. Ask her of the kind of environment and family she grew up in. Is it where she never shared her feelings freely with anyone, I or the kind where she was never respected or her opinion didn’t count at all? Was her family the kind dominated by one person, whose words were law? From my experience tell her to learn to say less whenever she is angry. She must learn how to say sorry to people she hurt with her outburst even when her pride is at stake. She must strive to curb her pride and force change in her life. She should read the book, “the spirit controls temperament and why you act the way you do” by Richard Tamplar. I appreciate her courage, she will surely get help. Temperament is natural, isn’t evil spirit. She needs a counselor not a deliverance pastor to avoid complications. My name is Chris Samuel. I live in Enugu. She can call me on this number, 07058680492 Dear Agatha, I want to commend you for the way you handled this issue. May God continue to bless you and your home. I wished I got the kind of help you offered this lady. Perhaps things would have turned out differently for me. Years ago, I had her kind of temper; didn’t even consider it was spiritual until right on my wedding day, in the presence of my family and would be in-laws, I slapped my husband to be, insulted his mother without care for the number of persons who were watching us. Needless to say, that wedding didn’t take place despite being eight months pregnant. Although he supported me when the baby was born but the child was eventually taken away from me because of my temper. I almost killed her when she was three years old for pouring cold water on the rug. It was very easy for the father to get custody of the child. That didn’t teach me a lesson. My next relationship almost ended in me killing the man. One minute we were having a normal disagreement between lovers, the next minute he was bleeding from the head. I had out of fury smashed a bottle of soft drink on his head. He was magnanimous to stop me from going to jail. When he got out the hospital, he told the neighbours and Police that I did it as self defense. He later told me he didn’t want the guilt of sending me to prison on his mind-that he was glad to be alive. It was in later years, a pastor at a revival service told me that my temper was spiritual-put in me to prevent me from getting married. That all the men that came my way actually wanted to marry me but that they all left as a result of my bad temper. I am 45 and too late in the day to begin again. I pray she finds a solution before it is too late for her. Mariam.

No comments:

Post a Comment