Wednesday, January 9, 2013

I am in love with my brother

With Auntie Agatha, gataedo@yahoo.com, agatha.edo@gmail.com, Tel: 08054500626 Dear Agatha, Please help me resolve this problem I am having with my mother’s eldest son. She gave birth to him long before she met and married my father. We didn’t grow up together because his father took him from my mother when he was still young. He didn’t even allow him come visit my mother. But he decided to come when his father died. From all indices, he is well to do. Right from the very first day I met him, I fell in love with him. I want him like I have never desired any man. I have tried to control my emotions but the more I try, the harder it becomes for me to stop my feelings for him. He recently came to our mother to introduce the woman he intends to marry. I hate her with a passion because she has what belongs to me. How do I get him to love me and forget about the woman in his life? Although some of my friends say what I feel for him isn’t permitted but we don’t have the same father which means I can marry him isn’t it? Please tell me it is right for me to pursue him; that I can marry him. He is everything I have ever wanted in a man. On account of what I feel for him, I terminated my relationship with my former boyfriend. Another thing is how do I go about presenting my desire to him? Teena. Dear Teena, You are in love with your own brother and you don’t see anything wrong with it? Your mother’s eldest child; the same person you shared her womb space with? Crush immediately whatever prompted those feelings inside of you and face reality. Everywhere in the world the mother’s ties are the strongest and most deep. A mother’s womb unifies and is the key to the strength of her children because of the presence of the umbilical cord. You and this man you claim to be in love with share the same umbilical cord; the kind that cannot be broken or denied. Falling in love with him therefore spells doom for not just you but for your mother and other siblings as well. You will also be affecting the relationship between your father and mother. No matter how hard it may appear, perish the feelings you have for him by going back to your former boyfriend. Appeal to him over whatever you told him is the reason for your leaving him. Irrespective of whatever the issues are, you can both make it work. You need your former boyfriend and the relationship you have with him to rout the unholy feelings you have for your brother and to subsequently resist the tendency for it to grow back again. It isn’t every feeling that we experience is allowed to grow. Common sense and the law of moral decency demand you abort this one because it would amount to incense. If nothing else, consider the pains of your mother if she knows that her daughter is in love with her son. Try putting yourself in her shoes if in later years as a mother you discover such an abominable thing between your children. That you both didn’t grow up together doesn’t erase the fact that he is your brother. Getting close to God will help you recover completely. Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment