Thursday, May 10, 2012

She ought to remain a friend though married…

With Auntie Agatha gataedo@yahoo.com, agatha.edo@gmail.com Tel: 08054500626 Dear Agatha, I had this beautiful but unreliable lady I shared my ambition with. Back then, I was cub-reporter. I was busy and building a career. I was out of Nigeria for some years; when I got back, I discovered to my shock that the lady was double dating all the while. Even the parents didn’t know or the things she was capable of. Now she is married while the young man she hurt so much is still single though extremely wealthy. Shouldn’t she at least be friendly with this man from her past? Disappointed Man. Dear Disappointed Man, There is nothing strange in your story. I am sure, almost everyman or woman for that matter has similar story to tell. Disappointment is concomitant with the things of the heart. Since this woman is married, move on with your life. There is nothing between the two of you anymore. Just as you wouldn’t want your wife, when you marry to stay connected to her ex-boyfriend, it would be totally out of place to expect this woman, no matter what your opinion is of her to stay allied to you now. Whatever existed between the two of you remains in the past. She has a new life, new identity and focus as wife and mother. Besides if she goes out of her way to be friendly with you, she will only be enforcing the already low opinion you have of her so why risk her home to stay friendly with a person who thinks she is morally bankrupt? Wouldn’t that be risking too much? Move on. Out there is a woman for you. You and this one were never meant to be. Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment