Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Re: Hints on successful relationship please

Dear Agatha
If there’s a Hall of Fame for world’s best relationship counsellor you could qualify for a permanent membership!
Would you believe me if I said this is first time I am moved by a piece written by a woman and was ‘tempted’ to reply back!
I would not be surprised if your inbox runs out of space for folks trying to reply your recent piece. I mean the one you offered the lady a set of ‘rules’ that can ensure her a place in her matrimonial home.
Now let’s talk about a fact that I know. 

Many women here in the United States would hoped their hubby never saw or read that article!
Going by my own experience and encounters, I think most of the women would see you as a bad ambassador to all of them -for making them look like a bunch of fruitcakes. 

Most ladies I know would rather end their marriage than meet their husband half-way in any issue.
Here in America, women rule! No wonder the divorce rate is over 80 percent for the black folks, and more than 10 percent of the remainder will never marry because they think to be humble or ‘submissive’ is tantamount to lowering their standard or selling themselves out... and the laws of the land here is on their side!
If I had the opportunity to read this kind of advice or suggestion ten years ago, I would not be in the market for a new wife, as I am today. 

I don’t know which of your advice to pin-point at, but the one in which you wrote that, women should know the limitation of themselves and that of their hubbies, hits a home run with me.
This is it. 

Men like me or can I say men who think like me do not really need much from our women.  Just the basics:  Let my food be ready when I get home, clean the house, take good care of the kids, and appreciate me!  

That’s all! If a woman can do those things for me, I get her back!  I would have no reason not to love her, and protect her, and make her happy, very happy.
But how many of these marriages minded ‘women’ can do just one of the chores above? Very few!

Recently, this issue came up, during a programme, on my local radio station, and the lady who called in was asked if she would cook dinner for her husband whenever he tells her to?  Her response was typical: “if I make as much or sometime more money as he makes, I see no reason why I should have to cook his dinner!”  No wonder many men these days have several eyes outside- because the women in their lives have outsourced their roles to the mistress outside.
I have clipped your piece and saved it on my hard drive, and if I am fortunate to find another woman to marry, I will let her read it. 

Perhaps the matrimonial bliss which I think is eluding me is now within my reach.
Thank for such a nice piece.
Omolaso.

No comments:

Post a Comment