Monday, June 7, 2010

Pastor Predicts Disappointment


Dear Agatha, 

Thank God for your life on how he has been helping you to provide solution to people’s problem both physically and spiritually. God bless you.
There is this girl I met a year ago, who was then in the habit of coming to my place to do online registration as well as check her result. I have known her for a while but started developing interest in her about a year ago. I immediately made my intentions known to her. Initially she declined but later accepted when I helped her gain admission into a tertiary institution. We later agreed to marry each other.

Because she stays in the hostel, she comes to spend weekends or holidays at my place.
Problem started when I travelled to collect my SSCE original result. I showed my mother and sister the picture I took with her. They admired her but my mother told me she has to pray over it and I gave her the go ahead.
Last week, my mother called me and told me that her pastor told her that the girl would later disappoint me. I told my friends and they said I should try and ask the girl if she really loves me and will not later disappoint me. 

I took to my friends’ counsel and called her to question her on her feelings for me. She assured me nothing would ever come between us. It was as if she knew what I had in mind. 
Before she met me, someone had broken her heart and she made a vow never to trust any man again. 

Following the extent of her disappointment, she had actually made up her mind to become a nun. She later confessed not knowing what made her agree to a relationship with me. I promised never to break her heart and from her disposition to me, I have succeeded in restoring her faith in love and relationship.
Agatha, please what shall I do? I didn’t tell the poor girl what is going on. I love this girl and she loves me too.  

She told me she loves me with her whole heart. She confessed that she almost killed herself when the other guy disappointed her. I haven’t told my parents what my decision concerning my relationship with this girl is despite the fact that they have been flashing me. 

My two elder sisters were also told similar things when they brought their proposed partners home but they both went ahead to marry these men and are today living happily with these men. Their decision to ignore my parents led to a division within the family. I have been the one trying to unite the family to no avail. Now, the same thing is happening to me. I can’t leave this girl because I have promised not to disappoint her.
Agatha, what do I do? Should I stand by the prophecy? Left to me, I don’t believe in it. Please, I need your advice.
Stid.


Dear Stid, 

Be clear about one thing: do you love her? Are you sure what you both feel is real and can withstand the test of time? To make a promise is one thing; to be sure of the reason for which you are making the promise is another matter. 

Pastors and people with spiritual powers will always have something to say but the bottom line is what God has to say on the matter. Most times, when such predictions come, it is meant for us to seek the face of God personally on the issue for which we seek spiritual guidance. 

Many prophecies are warning signals for us to pray more and get God involved in our decisions especially on the issue of a life partner. Rather than get agitated over what the pastor said or didn’t say, you go to God in prayers. If you have never prayed or committed your ways to God, this is the time for you to do so. 

From experience, God never hides his ways and wishes from his own. If it is true that this girl and you aren’t meant to be an item, he will tell you so himself and if it is something he wants you to continue with, he will point out what you should do. 

It is important you both seek the face of God because life is laced in mysteries which we have no control over or understanding of. 

You may both agree to spend the rest of your lives together but there are situations in life that could work against one’s plans and desires. This is because everything in life revolves round humans and therefore subject to the imperfect nature of our beings. 

Even when a relationship has all the spiritual support to succeed, little bumps can still torpedo it if those involved are careless spiritually. Rather than fight your parents over this and further tear the family apart, go first to God in prayers and fasting. Once you have him on your side, he knows how to go about the situation without breaking the family up.

Good luck. 


No comments:

Post a Comment