Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Hope Speaking Of My Feelings For Him Won’t Disgrace Me Later?

Dear Agatha,
I want to thank you for solving people’s problem. I have this issue eating me up and don’t have a clue as to how to go about it.
There is this friend of mine. We have been together for over a year now. I know he is interested in me, but has said nothing. When I also began to feel something for him, I sent him a text message informing him of my feelings for him. He called me back to inform me of the need for both of us to sit and discuss. 

My fear is that I don’t know if what I did is right, because I am scared of any damage to my reputation.

Worried Lady.


Dear Worried Lady, 

Don’t be afraid. You haven’t done anything abnormal or damaging to your reputation by informing him of your interest in him. If he is unable to handle it and thinks you are cheap as a result of it, then he isn’t worth your time, because it means he is lacking greatly in maturity and wisdom. Should he turn out to be that kind of man, you are better off without him in your life, and it would be such a precious waste of time to invest your emotions on him.

Hear him out without feeling any shame or allow your misgivings prejudice whatever he has to say. Go to the meeting with an open mind and all the honesty you have inside of you. Having told him about your feelings for him, don’t back out now. His attitude at the end of the day would tell if he is out to mock your feelings for him or make both of you happy. 

By refusing to be ashamed of your feelings you unwittingly take away from him the power to hurt or make mockery of what you feel.

Good luck. 


Re: Her Hallmark Of Deceit Makes Me Sick Of Her Love

 Dear Agatha,

In as much as I cherish some of your advice, I disagree with your reply on this issue. You seem to want to pet the young lady. If what the guy has said is true, then he must be careful not to marry a woman that will likely commit adultery after marriage. For God’s sake she gets as much as she wants from the guy, but still has interest outside the relationship. Perhaps it’s between her and her ex. If she is stubborn and good at apologising, then she can commit adultery and apologise numerous times. It is obvious she can’t change. A woman that has a guy seriously ready to marry her should avoid such things. I really want to commend the guy for being patient, gentle and smart.

Concerned Reader

No comments:

Post a Comment