Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Love Her But She’ll Not Date Me

Dear Agatha,

I am 20 and fell in love with a girl of 17 years of age. When I made my feelings known to her, she told me while she appreciated my good looks, she can’t date me.

When I asked if she has a boyfriend, she said she didn’t. Curious, I demanded to know why she didn’t want to date me. And she said she just doesn’t want me for a boyfriend.

Because I love her so much, I can’t let go and have been trying to impress her to make her change her mind but all to no avail.

I am confused because I need her badly. Please what do I do to win her love?

Desperate Boyfriend.


Dear Desperate Boyfriend,

Allow her be. You can’t force her to have feelings she doesn’t have for you. You will only end up getting hurt in the end.

It is unfortunate you have fallen so hard for her but she appears to be a very honest young woman.

Even if she capitulates to your pressures there is no way you would ever get the best out of her since her feelings for you aren’t deep rooted.

A relationship that has such an imbalanced tray of feelings always end up in pains for the one that has the most love to give because the expected companionship that comes from being with a loved one will never be possible. In addition to the relationship suffering from quality companionship, it will be bereft of respect, tolerance, understanding and eventually strangulate whatever it is that brought them together. An imbalanced relationship is a foray into emotional pains, aches and disappointments.

Eventually she will leave when she meets the person she really loves so why insist on a relationship you will never be happy in?

Go away for a while to enable you forget this lady so that you can move on with your life.

Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment