Thursday, July 23, 2009

I Love Him But…


Dear Agatha,


I am a regular reader of your column. I have this friend who happens to be a Muslim and married with five boys. He has been helping me financially in many ways and I never sensed he was planning to propose to me until he did. But being a Christian and the only daughter of my family, I rejected the proposal. Now he doesn’t care about me anymore and I am really in love with him. Please what can I do? I have nobody to love and care for me. Please help me out. God bless you.

Worried Lady.


Dear Worried Lady,

What sort of Christian are you? In the first instance, is it right to date a married man? When did you know you are the only daughter of the family? The point he asked you to marry him or the time he stopped picking your expenses? How come you did not realise that you are a Christian whose parents would not welcome a Muslim suitor when you were collecting his money? Why do you find it convenient to reject his proposal but not his money?

He has every right to be angry because of your deceptive stance in this matter. If you cannot marry him, then stop accepting his money or his attention. It is not right for you to reject a man based on his religion but very glad to accept his money because you have nobody to care for you. It is obvious that his money and not him is what you are in love with. You are not being fair to the man, your faith or yourself for that matter.

You can either be bold to stand by the choices you have made or remain confused. But be careful that your choices are the right ones to prevent further confusion in life.

Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment