Thursday, November 5, 2009

I’m Uncertain He’ll Return To Hook Me


Dear Agatha,


There is this man in my life I have dated for almost two years now. I love him so much and I know he loves me too. My problem now is that he has travelled abroad, and I don’t know whether I should wait for him, though he told me to.

My fear is that he didn’t say he is going to marry me, and I don’t know whether he will still come back for me. To tell the truth, I am afraid of losing him.

Worried Lover.


Dear Worried Lover,

If this man is yours, he would come back to you, irrespective of the different experiences you are both going through.

I know a lot of things can go wrong with love when the couple stays apart, but nothing is impossible when one submits to God.

Even though there was nothing concrete between the two of you before he left, your two years of being together has given you some rights to ask clear questions from him.

Rather than worry about what you should do, why not call him to ask what his plans are for you? Don’t be ashamed to ask, because it is your life that is at stake. It is best your decisions are based on solid grounds rather than on mere imagination.

In asking, make it clear that you are asking not to force him into making any promises to you, but to help you decide on what your next actions should be. Since it would be pointless to wait for him when he has no intentions to take the relationship beyond the level both of you were before he travelled.

Listening to him would inform you on what decision to make. Whatever decisions you both come up with, learn to trust and have faith in God to help you cope.

Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment