Thursday, October 1, 2009

She Yells For My Love, God Wants Me In His Yard


Dear Agatha,


Your column is my favourite in your paper; I follow it daily. Keep it up,
God bless.

There is this beautiful jewel I love so passionately and unconditionally, we have a good relationship though we haven’t slept with each other. She really loves me, sees me as his brother, friend and husband. Even though we agree that we may spend our lives together, I have often told her everything depends on the will of God but she remains adamant that things must go her way and wishes.

Recently, God spoke on the matter and told me to go into His service and that I am not free to marry, but I truly love this lady. Please, advise me now on what to tell her because I don’t know how to handle this.

Godswill.


Dear Godswill,

As a man who claims that God has called him, tell her the truth as long as you are sure it is actually God that told you what you are going to tell her. Indeed if the vision is from Him, experience has taught me that God Himself will speak clearly to the other person. It may hurt her at the beginning but God is always in the business of giving His peace to His people to forge ahead. There is never a substitute for truth, no matter how much it hurts or is bitter.

You can only be worried about it or think of the excuses to give her if you are lying about your reasons. When it comes to issue like this, only God has the final say as well as the reason for doing things in certain ways.

Your duty to her now is to ensure she comes into the protective fold of God if she isn’t in that fold already. Your conduct from now would determine if she should believe you or not.

Whatever the two of you had in the past must be left in the past for your ministry to grow, but you need to make a good peace with this past to avoid complications in your new life. Because whether you like it or not you are still human and susceptible to mistakes.

So for now keep your distance from her until you are able to handle her closeness to you without feeling any twinge of your former feelings for her.

Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment