Sunday, September 6, 2009

I’m Too Shy Discussing With A Lady


Dear Agatha,

I really need your help to get married. I am the first son of my family and they are putting pressure on me to get married soon. I don’t know what to say to a lady. I want to have a relationship now that I am passing through this phase in my life to help me determine who truly cares for me.

Shy Man.


Dear Shy Man,

There are no hard and fast rules on the proper way to approach a lady but one mistake you must never do is to tell a woman you are just meeting for the first time that you love her. For a serious minded woman, it portrays the man as shallow, unserious and without a focus in life. It is a great turn-off for a woman looking for a serious minded man.

Most women aren’t impressed with a man who says such things to her because it also makes her appear cheap and frivolous.

Once you are able to avoid that mistake many men are making, you may not find it too difficult to talk to a woman as a friend. Offer a woman friendship on your first contact, tell her there is something natural about her that makes you want to be her friend, nothing more.

As friends, you have the rare opportunity of observing each other and taking mental notes of things you like and don’t as well as those things you can cope and can’t tolerate.

Friendship makes it absolutely easy for two people to talk about themselves frankly since true friends are not known to keep secrets from the other.

Also desist from trying to impress. Let the object of your desire see you for who you are by being your natural self. This way you help breach the gap of resistance women put up when they are being approached for a relationship.

Speak in the tongue you are accustomed to, the quality of English you speak everyday as well as the intelligence you have. There is no better combination that beats being natural and confident as a man.

Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment