Sunday, September 27, 2009

I Suspect She’s In Love With Another Man


Dear Agatha,


I am 24 years of age in a month old relationship with a “supposed innocent” lady. We work in the same place. When I met her, she told me she wasn’t into any relationship. A month into our relationship, I am beginning to feel insecure. I suspect she is dating another guy in my office. I love her, and wouldn’t want to lose her. Do I ask her now? How do I know she truly loves me? What are the possible tests to check her love for me?

Worried Guy.


Dear Worried Guy,

Since you think she is dating another man in your office, ask her to prevent the mistake of accusing her wrongly. Whether she denies it or not, at least it would be on record that you asked.

However, it is also important you have some facts to knock off any reason she may have not to answer your question. It would be complete disaster if you have nothing to hold on to. It could create the problem of trust for both of you. If it is only a simple case of a hunch, be diplomatic when approaching her with your suspicions. Instead of making a big deal out of it, restrict your inquisition to mere question of wanting to know why she seems so close to this particular guy you suspect. Let her know, before even telling her about it that you are not accusing her of anything but just asking because you are curious of the nature of relationship between them.

Also, let her understand your concern of the mess it could create since you all work in the same place if people who know the two of you as lovers begin to suspect she is also involved with the guy.

Make her appreciate that she would end up being the loser as it would call to question her moral credentials.

But if your suspicion is more than guts feeling, the best thing for you after asking her is to consider ending the relationship considering the possibility of you being the newer man in her life given the fact that your relationship with her is under a month old. You must apply a lot of caution and wisdom here to avoid you sacrificing your career for something, which isn’t worth it at the end of the day.

If you need this career, learn to keep romance out of official settings else you could end up stepping on toes capable of casing you economic hiccup.

Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment