Friday, July 3, 2009

My Fiancé’s Ex Threatens Fire If We Dare Altar


Dear Agatha,


I really thank God for using you in solving our problems. Please do not relent this good work.

I am into a relationship that is almost five years old. January this year, my friend proposed marriage and I accepted.

But by March my problem started. Precisely, on March 3 a strange ••Glo•• phone number sent a text message to my fiancé. At first, the person sounded as if coming from a spiritual viewpoint. The sender of the message claimed there were so many visions that didn’t support our marriage. The person, who sent the message whose gender couldn’t be identified from the text initially instructed my fiancé to leave me or face the embarrassment of me leaving him when he least expects.

After sometime, the tone changed and the gender identity could be confirmed. She vowed that my fiancé and I will never get married.

Last month, I was walking down the road with my eldest sister when three boys stopped us to warn me against continuing with the wedding plan else they will teach me a hard lesson.

My sister was angry and afraid like I did too because of this open threat.

Two weeks after the incident, I travelled out of town, but when I returned my neighbours told me that two boys and a girl came, asking them to tell me to leave her husband alone. Their faces were unfamiliar, my neighbours noted.

Recently, the person sent another text message threatening to come to my office to disgrace me if I don’t discontinue the relationship. My fiancé is of the view that the person is joking or not serious.

Please what do you think I should do in this situation? I am so confused.

Favour.


Dear Favour,

Since your fiancé appears to be taking the entire thing with levity, inform him of your intentions to report the matter to the Police since this is a clear case of threat to your life. The danger of the whole thing is that from whosoever these threats are coming, they know everything about you whereas you don’t even know who they are.

This heightens the danger because your attacker can be anybody when you least expect it. Anybody who would go to the extent of hiring people to issue physical threats to you on the road as well as in your house can’t be joking about their demands. In these days of kidnap and acid baths, every threat must be viewed as serious enough to get the police involved.

Good enough, there is modern technology that enables the service providers to zero in on the identity as well as locations of callers. Once a report is made, the Police will get to the bottom of the matter if your fiancé keeps insisting on not knowing who the culprits are.

For now be vigilant and don’t hesitate to report any strange movement around you to the Police. If possible, relocate quietly to another place and place the management of your office on alert. Tell your supervisors at work all about the threats. This is to help you manage the consequences of their threats should they actually come to make trouble at your office.

Frankly, the attitude of your husband to be is a little bit worrisome. Since the threats are coming from a woman, there is no way he can feign ignorance of the possible identity of the person. Ask him pointedly if he has at any time, before or during your relationship, promised another woman marriage. If yes, who is the woman and why did they part.

From the extent this other lady is bent on going his involvement with this lady appears current. Demand to know the truth since it is your life that stands on the line. Your five years of being together can only come to a happy ending if you are alive and of good health.

His major task is to protect you from these threats. Irrespective of how much damage it would bring to your relationship, he should be bold enough to come out with what he knows about the identity of this other lady to end the emotional turmoil you are passing through.

As it is, you are groping alone in the dark. Whatever that is giving him the confidence to treat the naked threats with levity should be shared with you, who is at the receiving end. To make him appreciate the situation, tell him to imagine if the threats were coming from your end, how he would feel if you give it the same treatment.

The other point is his reactions to issues affecting you. If he doesn’t think this is serious enough to offer you his protection what can else be more serious? The ideal thing would have been for him to go to the source of the problem to deal with it once and for all before giving such assurances. Had those people met you at home, there is no telling what they could have done to you. For them to have gone to the extent of leaving a warning with your neighbours underscores their determination and intent.

Insist you need his assurances and protection now more than ever before. It is well.

Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment