Friday, January 23, 2009

Save Me From Surplus Lust For Girls


Dear Agatha,


I am a young Nigeria through with University education and National Youth Service Corps (NYSC).


When I entered the university, I made up my mind not to pursue women. But my problem started in third year when I began to manifest likeness for any girl I see.


Now I am through with school but the ghost of my past has continued to hunt me. What should I do? I want to be responsible not only to myself but to the society at large. Please help me.


ND.




Dear ND,


The first step towards the realisation of your desire is what you have done, appreciating that certain things are wrong with the way you do things.


Responsibility comes from her desire to do that which is right. Having come to the conclusions that moving from one woman to the other isn't doing your image any good, what you need next is to have the concomitant determination not to be tempted by these girls.


As a man, there is nothing wrong in you appreciating a girl, liking her and falling in love, but your intentions must be pure not the kind that makes you inconsiderate and selfish.


You can only be counted as being responsible if you are accountable for every action you take. The moment you learn to owe up to your actions, accept mistakes as well as show enough sense of dignity to apologise when you are wrong; you are deemed to be responsible.


Honesty makes the world a better place. When one is honest about a relationship from the beginning, nobody would get hurt.


At every point in time always let people especially the ones you have an intimacy with know where you stand on a particular issue. In life there is no such thing as not having an opinion. Not having an opinion in critical matters is an act of cowardice. You must never be afraid to air your opinion on any subject that deserves an opinion.


Begin by being honest with little things so that bigger and greater things can be entrusted to you.


Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment